Classification: Bargaining Unit
Hour of Work: 40 hours per week, shift work
Anduhyaun mandate is: To support Indigenous women and children in their efforts to maintain their cultural identity, self-esteem, economic, physical, and spiritual well-being. Due to the nature of the organization’s culturally based social services, Anduhyaun encourages applications from Aboriginal women (Section 24(1)(a), Special Employment, Ontario Human Rights Code).
Under the supervision of the Shelter Director and/or designate, you will provide counselling, intake, departures, goal planning and referrals. You will also be expected to follow all Violence Against Women (VAW) guidelines and adhere to the Ministry of Community and Social Services Contract applicable to the delivery of service.
· Must possess a Bachelor of Social Work degree or diploma in Social Services and Counseling experience
· Knowledge of Indigenous issues and diversity within the community
· Ability to speak a First Nation’s language would be considered a definite asset
· Knowledge of the available “on and off reserve” resources
· Must have knowledge of anti-oppression & anti-racism principles and incorporate them into all modes of service delivery
· Must have a minimum two years working experience in a Shelter and/or Transitional Housing Environment
· Proficient in MS, Excel and Documentation Skills
· Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
· Current Police Reference Check
· Must be willing to work shift work including day, afternoon and night shifts including on weekends
· Strong working knowledge of Section 72 and other relevant Legislative Acts such as VAW Guidelines, Social Housing Reform Act and Indian Act
· Superior counseling, advocacy and active listening skills
· Superior written and communication skills
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team to coordinate the involvement of other colleagues
· Ability to handle stressful/crisis situations and react appropriately
· The ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality to safeguard the security of women fleeing abuse
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by noon on Friday June 29th, 2018 via fax 416-920-4891, addressed to Lisa Powell, Acting Shelter Director, Anduhyaun Inc. or emailed to email@example.com
While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.